Mobile: +91-2532841 Email: provc@nagpuruniversity.nic.in Website: http://www.nagpuruniversity.org/


Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University

Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Administrative Premises Ravindranath Tagore Marg Nagpur 440001

2532841

  • Total 14 Ratings
  • No. of Hits 325

Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU) formerly known as Nagpur University, was established on August 4, 1923 in the city of Nagpur, Maharashtra state of central India. Named after Tukdoji Maharaj, its focus was in teaching languages of India including Sanskrit, Marathi, Hindi and Urdu. The institution has offered a medical degree since 1947. The university was divided on May 1, 1983, when some of its facilities were rededicated to the creation of Amravati University. It has been accredited with the highest 'A' Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It is now labeled as one of the toughest universities in the country due to its strict assessment and extremely high standards of academia.

The University comprises the Facilities of Art & Humanities, Science, Social Sciences, Home Science, Medicine, Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Law, and Ayurveda consisting of 37 postgraduate teaching departments and three constituent colleges/institutions.

There are 810 colleges affiliated to the university in the districts of Nagpur, Bhandara, and Yavatmal in the state of Maharashtra. The department and conducted college/institution buildings are spread over seven campuses with an overall area of 327 acres.The Nagpur University was established on 4 August 1923 with six affiliated colleges and 927 students. During 1947, the number of students increased to about 9000 accompanied by the improvement and diversification of curricula and expansion in the range of subjects. The expansion of library and sports facilities occurred during these years for the intellectual and physical well being of the students.

It was in 1958 that some new Departments in Arts and Social Science faculties were opened; the major expansion, however, came in 1963 when several science and other teaching Departments were started. 


There are no services.